Blog #6: I <3 KC
We all have our home town, the place where we were raised and where we grew up with our friends. We were taught all the little things and places about our home towns. My hometown is Overland Park, KC. I love this place because it is home. I grew up here with my family and my grandparents. My summers were filled with long drives and going to the pool, yes it was not the beach and mountains but that is the point. Since we did not have those fascinating attractions, we found ways to have fun with, to most people, nothing. I am going to miss driving down Kenneth Rd. because we were bored on a Saturday and needed something to do. The house parties and spending time with the friends i created memories with throughout high school. There is one place that I will never forget, The spot. Well that is what me and my friend call it. It is a place that not many people know about. It is in a park and to get to there we walk a path for about 5 minutes and we get to an amazing open field surrounded with trees. Now let me tell you, at night this place is so lit up from the amazing stars and shine from the moon. I am going to miss going there when I need quiet or time for myself. It is my getaway and I hope that wherever I end up in the next couple of years has a new "spot" for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment