Blog #2: Do you think you will win with a 1 in 292 million chance?
There is one thing that has been going crazy on the news this past week. Most of us, when I say this I mean underage kids, are waiting for the wait to be over. Who will win the Power ball ticket? The reason I say this because I myself am not 18 and I cannot get involved in this extravaganza. This article is just another one talking about how much bigger the jackpot will reach Tuesday morning, $1.5 billion. The next drawing will take place on Tuesday. I myself have a few opinions on the whole Power ball idea. I am not one that agrees with gambling, and paying money to "maybe" win some more. Although, I do like the whole high blood pressure, and intensity it is not my favorite. What I question is how are so many people buying these tickets and spending money for the past week, Yet not one person has one this giant pot of money. They say that the odds in winning is 1 in 292 million people. That is crazy and people still think they will win.
Geode, Jenna. 10 Reasons Why College Students Need To Stop Stressing Out About Money. 2015. Ideas, n.p.
http://theodysseyonline.com/minnesota-state/10-reasons-college-students-stop-stressing-money/210460
Garcia, Ahiza, and Jackie Wattles. "Powerball Jackpot Hits $1.5 Billion." CNN Money. Time Warner Cable, 12 Jan. 2016. Web. 12 Jan. 2016.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/12/news/current-powerball-jackpot-billion/index.html

No comments:
Post a Comment