Monday, January 11, 2016

Blog #1 : New Years Resolution



     2015 was a year filled with growth and change, and yes people always say every year something changes. Reflecting over this year, I see that there was so much change for me whether it was good or bad. Now when I say goal I mean going to college where I want and should, gaining friends and more love from family, and creating more self confidence in myself.
      I ended 2015 in a different country with people I never thought I would ever meet. Some people may say that, that does not seem like a fun New Years with friends, but to me it gave me a new outlook on things.We are raised in a society with everything being the same, such as you must spend New Years with people you love and cherish and celebrate, etc. but to be honest doesn't that seem a little boring? The same routine every year? I never thought of it this way until this trip, I was taught that there is so much more to life than what we really see. No one wants to leave their comfort zone, and trust me I do not blame them. This was the first time I have ever left the country and it was by myself and my brother.. no adult. Now you tell me if that is out of my comfort zone. But look where I am today, I feel like a whole new person and with this experience I cannot wait for what 2016 has in store for me. It is cheesy to say, I want to live my life with no regrets and keep an open mind. I am going to test it, and I am going to do it.
     Now when having a goal it is not easy to succeed. One way I want to go on with this goal is to explore more cultures and other parts of the world, whether it is research or flying over there and seeing it myself. There are obstacles in life, yet some people believe it is easy as pie. Going to Doha was not an easy task, there was plenty of convincing to do with my mother. Of course she is a mom and is worried about her two "little" kids going over seas alone. With my mom being more worried about my traveling alone, causes me to have to do more convincing. So I will research and make sure I have every little bit figured out so once I go get the "OK" she will not have to worry about much... I hope. I am excited to see what this upcoming semester and year has in store for me... I mean who knows, I may even decide to go to college in a another country ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't realize you went without a parent! That is crazy scary brave. I agree, it is amazing being exposed to new cultures that broaden your outlook on the world. I am so happy for you that you had such a positive experience, and that it seems to have altered your path in such a positive way. Many universities have great Study Abroad programs for all different reasons, lengths, programs. You may want to look into this for the future. I look forward to getting to know you this semester!

    ReplyDelete